Saturday, January 19, 2013

English to AquesTone syllables

Unfortunately, AquesTone2 is limited to Japanese syllables. I don't think there is a plan to include English syllables at moment. That means it would be quite tricky for non-Japanese native speaker to make it sing an English song. But for background chorus, few syllables like "ra" or "wa" or "a" would be enough though. I guess this would be the main use case for many non-Japanese speakers.

Here are the syllables available in the order of lyrics matching precedence:

nyan bya bye byo byu chi cya cye cyo cyu
dhi dhu dwu gya gyo gyu hya hye hyo
hyu kya kye kyo kyu mya mye myo myu nya
nye nyo nyu rya rye ryo ryu swi sya sye
syo syu thi thu tsa tse tsi tso twu zwi
ba be bi bo bu da de do fa fe fi fo fu ga
ge gi go gu ha he hi ho ja je ji jo ju ka
ke ki ko ku ma me mi mo mu na ne ni no nu
pa pe pi po pu ra re ri ro ru sa se si so
su ta te to tu va ve vi vo vu wa we wi wo
ya ye yo yu za zo zu a e i n o u


And, here's a table from old version. I think they are the same set.

phoneme table

Well, I was thinking about writing some python script to look up the internet dictionary to get the international phonetic alphabet expression of an English word and match it to the syllable set that AquesTone2 supports. Then I came across The CMU Pronouncing Dictionary. This can replace the part to look up the internet dictionary service. Now, I have to create a matching table from CMU Pronouncing phoneme to Aquestone syllable. I don't know how easy that would be... I will post on this when I have some progress on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment