Thursday, January 17, 2013

About

I am kechi2dtm and used to use Logic for MIDI ages ago. But Apple acquired Emagic!![emoji:v-12] and Logic users on Windows like me were left out... So, I stopped composing for years.

But now that many free and cheap DAW softwares are available for windows, I am back in. So, I am new to DAW and vocaloid. Right now I am playing with Aquestone2 and found it really easy to use and damn cool!

I don't do much of MIDI Step Input. So, the work flow for real time MIDI recording is crucial for me. As a former Logic user, I love Studio One free. The keyboard shortcuts on number pad are just like Logic and I love it. But, I want to use VST/VSTi also and Studio One free does not support that at all (you need an upgrade!). So, I am a reaper user right now and am quite happy with it so far, though I DO MISS Studio One free's shortcut key bindings a lot!!

Anyway, I found that information available for vocaloids for non-Japanese speakers seems quite obscure. So, I will try filling that gap a little bit here.

So, enjoy kechi2dtm!

No comments:

Post a Comment